Monday, September 1, 2014

Birthday Layouts



Hello! I hope everyone had a GREAT long Labor Day weekend! Today I'm sharing two layouts I made from my friends birthday party over the weekend. 

In May I went to the Phoenix, AZ CKC scrapbook convention. A booth had scrapbooking kits bagged up for really cheap. So I bought the Cakewalk and Midway collections from October Afternoon both for less than 20 dollars! I used both collections to create these layouts. I love all the different pieces you get in the collections.

The colors were perfect for the pictures are it helped that they were birthday and fair themed. I layered some of the pretty papers together and added a journaling card and a couple stickers. 

The kit also comes with little flags that you make yourself. I put one together and added a little banner on top of it to glue it down. 

This layout was done also using both collections.
The arrow paper in the Midway collection is probably my favorite paper. I ended up cutting out a whole bunch of the arrows ahead of time because I knew I was going to use them as layering paper and as individual arrows.

I printed the biggest picture at 3 1/2 inches and the smaller pictures are all 2 inches.

I sewed down each arrow and then outlined it so it would stand out a little more on the background paper. 

I also outlined the title to match the arrows. Then I wanted to do some stamping on my layout so I decided to use the Daylight stamp set from Scraptastic. The stamps I chose to use were the cursive 'Shine On', the outline of a star and the bold star. Both layouts took me about an hour each to make.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a GREAT week!


No comments:

Post a Comment